Monday, January 17, 2011

(Re)Finishing the Floors: Part 3

Where were we? We prepped the rooms and the Lee Brothers had sanded the floors by the end of Day 1. Day 2 Bill and I were both at work (which I thought was a good way to keep Bill from stopping by at least until 4). However, at approximately 4:15 I received the following picture messages:




Now my first reaction was oooooh they're so pretty and shiny! My second reaction?
GET OUT OF THERE!!!!!! YOU'RE RUINING THEM!!!!!! 
He swore he was standing in the garage and just opened the door and leaned in. He credited his long arms and great balance for the shot all the way to the stairs... I'm still not sure I believe him.

The floors were stained and the first coat of the polyurethane finish was on them. Only a few days until they were finished!